Nonimmigrant Visas Overview

There are numerous nonimmigrant visa classifications available to foreign nationals to conduct business and work in the U.S. Among the most common, the H-1B is designated for temporary workers in “specialty occupations” and is available to most U.S. employers. The B-1 allows foreign nationals to come to the U.S. to attend business meetings, consultations and other activities not involving productive employment. The L-1A and L-1B classifications are available to employees of multinational companies being transferred from a parent, affiliate, subsidiary or branch office abroad to a related U.S. employer on a temporary basis. To learn about these and other business-related classifications, please click on the appropriate link on the navigation bar to the left.


Oakland, CA
428 Alice Street, Suite 231,
Oakland, CA 94607
Hawaii   [by appointment only]
250 Ohua Avenue
Honolulu, HI 96815
9300 John Hickman Parkway,
Suite 1003
Frisco, TX 75035